Use cscript to activate Office 2010, 2013 & 2016
When you're unable to activate Office through additional means, you can use the cscript commands to activate Office with the help of the Command Prompt.
[Solution 1] Activate Office with cscript
- Open the Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- Execute the command that belongs to your version:
- Office 2010: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Office 2013: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Office 2016: cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
- To view the installed product key, execute cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus
- To uninstall an installed product key, execute cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey:XXXXX
Replace the XXXXX with the last five character of the currently installed product key (found in step 3).
- To install a new product key, execute cscript ospp.vbs /inpkey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Replace the XXXX with your full product key of Office.
- To activate Office with the new product key, execute cscript ospp.vbs /act
- Restart the Office application and Office will be activated.